Ensemble Venance Fortunat & Anne-Marie Deschamps - De Profundis: Deplorations Sacrees de la Tradition Occidentale (1986) [Reissue 2015]
Artist: Ensemble Venance Fortunat & Anne-Marie Deschamps
Title Of Album: De Profundis: Deplorations Sacrees de la Tradition Occidentale
Year Of Release: 2015 
Label: Les Disques du Solstice
Genre: Classical, Medieval
Quality: Mp3 / FLAC (tracks,digital booklet)
Bitrate: CBR 320 kbps / Lossless
Time: 65:09 min
Full Size: 174 mb / 362 mb
In the medieval Western world, the Old Testament figure of Rachel -as exemplary wife and mother- foreshadowing Mary and the Church, often appears in such Laments, which convey the grief of a mother on the occasion of a death. In Mediterranean countries, a very live tradition of rituals of lament was preserved for a long time, both in liturgical and in popular forms.
The planctus is a lament on the death of a person who is known and named, not a meditation on death in general. This is the spirit in which Christians commemorate the death of Christ on Good Friday. The ritual of lament in which the Cross is borne in procession towards an altar which symbolizes Christ 's tomb, developed into a liturgical play (the Planctus Mariae) depicting Mary's suffering as she stands at the foot of the Cross.
The singers ' rendering aims first at bringing out the difference between the fixed sounds (structural sounds) and the unfixed, more ornamental sounds; and next at demonstrating the expressive quality of those pieces springing from the observance of the liturgical actualities as opposed, to the liturgical ordinary. The intention is to demonstrate, through examples taken from the medieval repertory of sacred music, how Man, as an untempered instrument, can be true in various ways.
01. De Profundis clamavi ad te (Offertorium 33e dim. apres la Pentecote, Ton 2)
02. Vox in Rama (Antienne Communion de la fete des SS. Innocents, Ton 7)
03. Planctus. Jacob Super Filios Suos (12th c., 1er mode)
04. Libera me, Domine (Antienne pour l'Office des defunts, Ton 1)
05. Libera me de sanguinibus (Motet sur une antienne du Mercredi-Saint, 14th c., MS Apt, Ton 8)
06. Deus, Deus meus (Trait de la Passion, le dimanche des Rameaux, Ton 2)
07. Jeudi Saint, tire de 'Les Lamentations de Jeremie' [Livre III] (Tradition du Vendredi-Saint a Ponte de Lima, 1er mode plagal)
08. De la crudel morte de Cristo (Laude, MS Mogliabechiano II,1,122, 14th c., Florence, 1er mode)
09. Alleluia 'Christus Resurgens' - a) Monodie pour le temps pascal (Ton 1) - b) Motet a 3 parties sur le mot MORS du verset - c) Organum a 4
10. Heu Domine. Planctus de la Deposition de la Croix (Missel de Braga, Lyon, 1555)
11. Heu Domine. Planctus de la Deposition de la Croix (version a 7 voix, 1983)
12. Planctus de Marie (Jeu liturgique du Vendredi-Saint, MS Cividale del Friuli, 14th c.)
- Tired of advertising and pop-ups? Join Now on IsraBox
Register on IsraBox allows you to access to the full resources. You can see torrent links, leave your comments, see hidden text, minimum advertising (no pop-ups), ask for supports and much more.
- 1 voted