Bad Company - Straight Shooter [Remastered Deluxe Edition] (2015) 320 / Lossless
Artist: Bad Company
Title Of Album: Straight Shooter
Year Of Release: 2015
Label (Catalog#): Rhino / Atlantic
Genre: Rock, Blues Rock
Quality: Mp3 / FLAC (tracks)
Bitrate: CBR 320 kbps / Lossless
Full Size: 257 mb / 681 mb
For the first time ever, the band has remastered Bad Company (1974) and Straight Shooter (1975) using the original tapes to create new Deluxe Editions. It was paramount to founding member Paul Rodgers that the CD and LP be copied from the original tapes to guarantee the best sound possible. Each set includes a newly remastered version of the original album, along with a number of rare and unreleased recordings. The CD versions of these Deluxe Editions include all of the newly discovered bonus tracks, while their 180-gram vinyl counterparts offer a selection of the bonus material.
Deluxe Editions of BAD COMPANY and STRAIGHT SHOOTER will be available on April 7 at retail outlets for a suggested list price of $19.98 (2CD) and $39.98 (2LP). The titles will also be available digitally.
Singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist Rodgers, along with guitarist/songwriter Mick Ralphs, bassist Boz Burrell, and drummer Simon Kirke recorded the band's eponymous debut in November 1973 using Ronnie Lane's mobile studio at Headley Grange, the former poorhouse where Led Zeppelin recorded frequently. When Bad Company was released the following year, the album went to #1 in America during the band's first U.S. tour and was eventually certified 5x platinum thanks to hits like "Can't Get Enough," "Bad Company," "Ready for Love," and "Movin' On."
The second disc of the Deluxe Edition features 12 tracks, including eight previously unreleased recordings such as the demo for the ballad "The Way I Choose," a take of "Bad Company" recorded right before the album version, and an unedited version of "Superstar Woman," a song that Rodgers later recorded in 1983 for his solo album Cut Loose. Also featured is the single edit of "Can't Get Enough," and the b-sides "Little Miss Fortune" and "Easy On My Soul."
The band released its second album Straight Shooter in April 1975, 40 years to the month of the new deluxe edition. The album rose to #3 on the U.S. album chart and was certified 3x platinum behind the hit singles "Feel Like Makin' Love" and "Good Lovin' Gone Bad" as well as the rock radio staple "Shooting Star."
Of the 14 bonus tracks, all are previously unreleased except the b-side "Whiskey Bottle." Among the standouts is a stripped-down version of "Shooting Star," a remix of "Good Lovin' Gone Bad" with alternative guitar and vocals tracks, as well as two lost gems, never released before: "See The Sunlight" and "All Night Long."
1. Good Lovin' Gone Bad (2015 Remastered)
2. Feel Like Makin' Love (2015 Remastered)able
3. Weep No More (2015 Remastered)
4. Shooting Star (2015 Remastered)
5. Deal With The Preacher (2015 Remastered)
6. Wild Fire Woman (2015 Remastered)
7. Anna (2015 Remastered)
8. Call On Me (2015 Remastered)
1. Good Lovin' Gone Bad (Alternate Vocal & Guitar)
2. Feel Like Makin' Love (Take Before Master)
3. Weep No More (Early Slow Version)
4. Shooting Star (Alternate Take)
5. Deal With The Preacher (Early Version)
6. Anna (Alternate Vocal)
7. Call On Me (Alternate Take)
8. Easy On My Soul (Slow Version)
9. Whiskey Bottle (Early Slow Version)
10. See The Sunlight
11. All Night Long
12. Wild Fire Woman (Alternate Vocal & Guitar)
13. Feel Like Makin' Love (Harmonica Version)
14. Whiskey Bottle (B-Side Of "Good Lovin' Gone Bad")
- Tired of advertising and pop-ups? Join Now on IsraBox
Register on IsraBox allows you to access to the full resources. You can see torrent links, leave your comments, see hidden text, minimum advertising (no pop-ups), ask for supports and much more.
- 1 voted